Saturday, March 5, 2016

Family on board.


March is an exciting month of guests for us on board the Liahona. My sister Stacey and niece Emma are here now and later this month we have the Broesders on board.


Stacey and Emma arrived on the 2nd flying into the PV airport. Bret had some things to take care of, so I hopped a bus to the airport with a friend from SV Enchantor who was also picking up visitors.

 Along with the lines resembling those for a Disneyland e-ticket ride, the airport hosts a Carls Jr. I ordered the enormous 1/2 lb steak burger, telling myself "Go big or go home". Although I am not usually one to photograph my food, I took a picture of this beauty thinking Bret's dad would approve of my meal choice and wanted to share.


Now and then I have less than genius moments. I was waiting at the arrival gate with all the taxi drivers holding signs displaying the names of their arriving passengers. I got super stoked reading one of the signs, even taking a picture so I would have proof. Thankfully my friend from Enchanter read the same sign, smiling he said, I believe you are thinking Halle Berry.

Boys ages 10-15 practicing juggling machetes

Stacey's first street tacos at The Red Chairs in La Cruz.

Mule train climbing the streets of Yelapa.

Fresh squeezed juice served in a bag.

We spent day 1 in Yelapa. The small mountainside town with its narrow cobblestone streets remind me of the enchanted forest near Portland Oregon. We hiked up to the waterfall seeing some interesting sites along the way. After some beach side refreshments and a little trinket shopping we pulled anchor and sailed across to Punta de Mita. Stacey and Emma got lucky and watched a couple dolphin playing in the swell from the bow of the boat.


The sun has set and as I finish this post I can hear the mariachi band playing from the beach..

Ciao for now,

Marne, Bret, Stacey and Emma

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, guys -- very entertaining! Love the "Holly Berry" photo. Have fun with your family -- see you soon! XOXO Liz and Chris s/v Espiritu :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liz...see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete