Sunday, July 26, 2015

Land lubbing fun. Washougal 2015

When the boat goes on the hard in late spring we have about 3-4 months at home in southern Oregon to visit, get chit done and have a little fun while we are there.  One of the annual trips is our pilgrimage to Washougal Washington for the AMA Motocross National that has been going on there since 1980.  I myself have never missed a year since my first visit in 1994, racing on amateur days with a couple of buddies and every year we dads brought along the kids, even when they were in diapers.  My kids, like me, have been going ever since and this year was no exception.
The trip started on Tuesday driving the 4 hours up to the Portland area and riding Mountain View MX then on to the other side of the Colombia River Gorge to Washougal where we would set up camp the next morning and spend the rest of the week with our "moto family".  Thursday and Friday the amateur riders get the chance to race on the same track as the pros with the professional riders competing on Saturday.  Both of my boys raced and I stepped up as well riding in the 50+ class on Thursday and the 40+ class on Friday.  As usual, it was a great time and we are already looking forward to next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment