Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March 4, Isla Espiritu Santo

Looks like we are going to have a little wind event here for the next couple of days so I am going to move around to the other side of the island for better protection.  It was pretty rolly here on the NW side of the island.  I went in to say hello to my kayaker neighbors last night and took them a fresh batch of Kahlua brownies which was a BIG hit. lol.  Super nice people, all from Canada down here for 7 days kayaking around the Loreto and LaPaz area.  At about 8pm I headed back to the boat and we had a huge swell pushing in here.  It was big enough that at just the right time I stepped directly from the dinghy to the back deck without the ladder. For those that have not been onboard, that's normally about a 4' hop that requires 3-4 steps up the ladder.  Getting the dinghy up on the davits with that swell was a major chore during which I thought one of the davits might actually break. Wow, not fun.

Today I have sunny skies and a light wind so I think I will move down to Bahia Bonanza on Isla Espiritu Santo which is on the SE side of the island and should be a good protection from the 15-20 knot NW winds that are expected on Thusday and Friday.  And last but not least...the lobster report.  I was all set and ready to go out and find some treasure last night but with 15 knot winds and a big swell coming into the anchorage, I bailed.  Way to rough.  Bummer.  Now I will never know if my previous scouting report was on track or out in left field. lol.

Bret
SV Liahona

No comments:

Post a Comment