Friday, April 17, 2015

April 17, Cabo San Lucas

Not too much to report today from Cabo.  All I can say is that the weather is super nice, although a little chilly this morning at 70 degrees, the water is super clear and also a little chilly at 70 degrees and there are a lot of gringos that like to party. Marne and I took a dinghy ride out to the rocks that make up the end of the Baja peninsula which was pretty cool.  We then took a stroll into the harbor and then into the part of town closest to the marina.  Cabo definitely caters to tourists and partiers. Not really my gig.  We saw a HaggenDaz store which sounded amazing so we went in and both ordered two scoops, chocolate, chocolate chip and salted caramel.  At the cash register I think I felt the first heart murmur of my old age...$210 pesos! Like $18 frickin dollars!  WTH?!!  Wow, never paid that much for ice cream before but I guess there is a first for everything, right?  Lesson learned, when you don't know the price, ask first!  Holy toledo Batman!

The rest of the day we just relaxed on the boat and scratched our heads trying to figure out who in their right mind pays $18 for two small cups of ice cream. Oh ya...we did!  haha  

The bay is very busy with drunk idiots and not drunk, not so idiotic people on jet skiis, in tour pangas, Hobie Cats, paddleboards, parasails, fishing boats and probably a few I can't remember.  The beach is lined with nice hotels with hispanic guys on loudspeakers playing "entertain the drunk gringos at the pool" shouting in pretty good English but with that heavy Mexican accent. Oh well, it is what it is.  In a day or two I will be heading north toward more remote, quiet and pristine locations.  

That's a wrap for today kids.  Ciao for now.

Bret and Marne
SV Liahona

PS...a review on emailing or replying to this email.
We love getting news from home and hearing from you.  However, when you write please start a new email or if you reply to this email please delete my original message to you so that you are sending to me ONLY your message to me.  Your message doesn't have to be super short but it is a bummer to wait for several minutes for an email to download then to get a message that says "Loving your updates..." above a 4 paragraph email that was my original email to you.  I hope that clears it up.  Mom...read this carefully.  haha.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment