Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, Passage Update

It is about 10am and the passage has gone great with 10-15 knot winds off the starboard beam almost the whole trip.  We are currently 20 miles due east of Bahia Frailes on the Baja penninsula doing about 7.5 knots and have land in sight. We should be at anchor around 1-2pm.  We have sailed almost the entire time and if my calculations are right we have only burned about 2 gallons of diesel over the 30 hour passage, about $9.00. Not bad.  I LOVE the way the Liahona sails!  She is one slippery, fast bee-atch!  I think we are setting some kind of pure sail speed record from Mazatlan to Baja. lol.  Anyway, all is well aboard and we should be at anchor soon. More later in the afternoon report.

Bret and Marne
SV Liahona

PS.  Sorry I didn't get yesterday's check in sent until now but I tried and it was super rough and I couldn't find a quiet frequency so I gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment